Through GDBA’s On-The-Job training program, eligible Military Veterans and Dependents can utilize their GI Bill® for additional income during the first 2 years of their employment.
62-percent of our protectors are military veterans who honorably served in the United States, Great Britain, and other allied militaries. Recently, a few agencies have recognized GDBA’s robust training programs and support for our veteran employees.
1. The California Department of Veterans Affairs (CSAAVE) has evaluated and approved GDBA’s Professional Leadership Track (PLT), a 2‑year training program within our larger training division, as an official On-The-Job Training Program in California.
- What this means for many GDBA associates and their families: Eligible veterans and dependents at GDBA can now utilize their GI Bill® for additional income, i.e. drawing upon the Basic Allowance Housing (or BAH) offered by the GI Bill®. Moreover, these employees can draw this benefit without adding any further responsibilities (e.g. college coursework) outside of their normal GDBA duties.
- Who is eligible? U.S. military veterans and dependents who are GI Bill® eligible and willing to live in California while they work as a full-time GDBA protector.
- Professional Leadership Track (PLT): All GDBA protectors complete PLT during the first 2 years of their employment at GDBA. PLT offers protectors full-immersion on-the-job training and one-one-one mentoring (all at no cost) while protectors fulfill their mission of protection.
2. MilitaryFriendly.com awarded awarded GDBA their Military Friendly Employer designation for 2018
3. California National Guard awarded GDBA leadership the National Guard’s Employer Patriot Award in June 2018 for supporting our associates in the CA National Guard.
A majority of our more than 800 full-time associates are military veterans. Because of this, we are proud to support our military veterans, and help them gain well-earned benefits and added incomes while they train and work towards protecting the world’s most influential people and enterprises.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.